How to make mexican tissue paper flowers? The mexican tissue paper flower is one of the most popular tissue flowers. It’s used for many craft decoration or craft gifts. There are a mexican tissue paper flower tutorial which will teach you to create an mexican tissue paper flower craft. Enjoy that!
- crepe paper (you can use tissue paper, but I think crepe paper looks much better)
- floral wire stems
Mexican tissue paper flower tutorial:
- Make a stack of anywhere from four (for smaller flowers) to eight squarish sheets of crepe paper. My flowers in the photo were made with 6 or 8 layers, and from a roll of crepe paper, 150 x 50cm, I created two nice sized flowers. The bouquets in the photos were each made from six flowers.
- Very important: Take note of the grain of the crepe paper, and make sure that all the pieces in your stack have the grain running the same way.
- Turn the stack of crepe paper such that the grain is running horizontally, left to right. Why? Because other wise you may end up with a very floppy looking flower, especially if you use the thin crepe paper that I used. I threw out a bunch before I realized this important tip!
- Begin folding the stack accordion style
- Wrap a piece of floral wire around the center and twist to secure
- Cut petal shapes at each end of the folded piece, see my diagram here
- Open the accordion, and start very gently pulling the layers up towards the center to shape the flower
- Play a bit with the layers to get a nice shape, and voila!